Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Streets of Philadelphia

Assalamuallaikum.Wr.wb

I was bruised and battered, I couldn't tell what I felt.
I was unrecognizable to myself.
I saw my reflection in a window, I didn't know my own face.
Oh brother are you gonna leave me wastin' away
On the Streets of Philadelphia.

I walked the avenue, 'til my legs felt like stone,
I heard the voices of friends vanished and gone,
At night I could hear the blood in my veins,
Black and whispering as the rain,
On the Streets of Philadelphia.

Ain't no angel gonna greet me.
It's just you and I my friend.
My clothes don't fit me no more,
I walked a thousand miles
Just to slip this skin.

The night has fallen, I'm lyin' awake,
I can feel myself fading away,
So receive me brother with your faithless kiss,
Or will we leave each other alone like this
On the Streets of Philadelphia (Bruce Springsteen)

Tak sengaja ketika mengacak-acak folder mp3 di komputer, ternyata ketemu sama lagu ini. Wuih...sudah lama sekali, mungkin pertama kali aku dengar ketika masih duduk di sma dulu. Dan ketika aku mainkan, ternyata feeling yang aku dapat masih tetap sama, abu-abu bahkan gelap dan sedikit hopeless. Hopeless yang bukan berarti diam tak bergerak, lebih tepat diartikan tetap bergerak tanpa ada tujuan, "Nothing to win nothing left to lose" kata Bono-nya U2, "Kalau kebahagiaan itu suka padaku maka datanglah, kalau tidak pergilah !!" kata Sarpin Danuasmara ("Mereka yang Dilumpuhkan" Pramoedya Ananta Toer). Sebuah lagu yang cukup pantas untuk didengar ketika kita sedang dalam keadaan terpuruk dan terjerembab.

Lebih jauh tentang lagu, ada di sini

Wassalamuallaikum.Wr.Wb
heru, yang sedang ngacak-ngacak file komputer

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home